Current Job Vacancies at Daneshill:
The successful candidate will understand, value and nurture Daneshill School’s ethos and will build upon the School’s success, whilst preserving its culture.
He/she will carry out the professional duties of a teacher in a busy and diverse school, committed to high standards of care.
The candidate will teach Science across the ability and age range, from KS2 to Common Entrance and public school scholarship. They will be able and willing to teach other subjects if required, with Maths being an advantage.
They will deliver agreed Schemes of Work, and carry out the important role of form tutor
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Daneshill Pay Scale, with potential for management opportunities.
- Small class sizes: 18 or fewer
- Generous holidays
- A working environment which values initiative
- A small caring community
- A beautiful rural setting
- An excellent school community with delightful children and supportive, engaged families
- Active and supportive governors and parents
- A bright and modern teaching environment
The ideal candidate would have the following key skills, experience and attributes:
Qualifications and Experience
- A good subject relevant Degree, with teaching qualification
- Good understanding and knowledge of current educational issues for the 7 – 13 age group.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to listen, consult and discuss
- Excellent Computing/ICT and Literacy skills
- Willingness to be visible and act as a high profile ambassador for the School to current and prospective parents
- Ability to relate effectively to all sections of the School community
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate pupils
- Ability to drive innovation in science and make contribution to the department’s development plan and associated departmental documents
- Ability to manage change successfully
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Highly efficient, with excellent time management skills
- Commitment to achieving the highest possible academic standards.
- Natural empathy with the underlying pastoral ethos of Daneshill
- Commitment to the welfare of pupils
- Excellent judgement and integrity
- Confident and assured communicator
- Strong, dynamic and inspirational
- Strong team player
- Calm under pressure
- Strategic and forward-looking
- Adaptable, collaborative and decisive
- Flexibility of approach and prepared to use initiative
- Knowledgeable and approachable, able to relate to pupils, staff, parents and the wider community.
Please email email@example.com for application details.
Closing date for applications: 4th March 2020
Interviewing: w/c 9th March 2020